AAFB staff work together to strengthen Arizona communities so that all people are well nourished. Below is a list of current job openings. Interested candidates must attach a cover letter, resume, and complete the employment application below.
AAFB Staff Opening:
Director of Development & Marketing
The Association of Arizona Food Banks (AAFB), a non-profit organization serving 5 member regional food banks and a network of nearly 1,200 food pantries and agencies is dedicated to a hunger-free Arizona. AAFB addresses hunger by managing the collection and distribution of donated and purchased food through the Arizona Statewide Gleaning Project, advocating at the state and federal level for the improvement of policies and programs that address hunger and poverty and partnering with organizations to improve access to school meals and other nutrition programs. This is a full time position in Phoenix reporting to the President/CEO. The anticipated start date is April 2015.
Overview of the Position
AAFB is seeking an experienced leader who can develop and guide two key strategies, an annual fundraising plan and a communications plan. A successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, successful fundraising experience, and statewide knowledge of Arizona philanthropic leadership, media and communities.
• Develop and manage an annual fundraising plan and secure funding from foundations, corporations and individuals to support AAFB programs
• Develop and strengthen relationships with existing and potential donors
• Organize direct mail campaign to secure donations from existing and potential contributors
• Encourage individuals and foundations to establish or contribute through endowments, trusts, bequests or designated funds
• Research and develop grant proposals to support the AAFB programs
• Manage fundraising database and constituent advocacy database
• Coordinate with development staff at five member food banks
• Develop and manage an annual communications plan and public relations materials, including an annual report
Required Background, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• A strong commitment to the AAFB’s vision and mission
• Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse group of people with a team approach and successful results.
• Demonstrated fundraising skills, both oral and written, with people of a variety of social backgrounds.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multi-task work environment and remain focused.
• Excellent organizational skills demonstrated through experience and proven abilities in funding research techniques, donor software, etc.
• Familiarity with Donor Perfect is preferred.
• Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated problem-solving ability.
An ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Arts or Science in communications, nonprofit management or other relevant field and five years of experience in a non-profit environment with fund development for at least 4 of those years. CFRE preferred.
Salary range $70,000-$78,000 depending upon experience and qualifications
Leave policies for vacation, sick and personal days
A flexible spending account for child care or health care expenses
Retirement contributions to a Simplified Employee Pension plan
Position will remain open until filled. Send a cover letter and resume by email to angie(at)azfoodbanks.org, by fax to (602) 528-3838, or by mail to:
President & CEO
Association of Arizona Food Banks
2100 N Central Ave Ste 230
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Volunteer at AAFB or a food bank near you:
The Association of Arizona Food Banks is an Equal Opportunity and Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
AAFB occasionally has a need for a front office volunteer to answer phones and perform light office work for 3-4 hours per day, on various days during the week. Email brian (at) azfoodbanks.org with a copy of your resume if you are interested.
Search for food banks in your area who may have volunteer opportunities. Please contact the specific organization for information on current opportunities.
The Mesa Cannery, located at the Loop 101 and Broadway Road in Mesa, has ongoing volunteer opportunies to help repackage bulk food for food banks, such as beans or pasta. Perfect for groups of 10-40. Contact 480-967-8551 for more information.