|Association of Arizona Food Banks
2100 N. Central Avenue, Suite 230
Phoenix, AZ 85004
The Front Office Volunteer is considered a valued regular member of the AAFB team. The primary
role of the Front Office Volunteer is to provide general office administration. This typically involves
answering the phones, making calls to AAFB member food banks to update their directory listings, and
entering information into AAFB’s donor/contact system.
Answer the phones and provide friendly assistance to people who call the AAFB's tollfree
number about local food banks, DES offices, food stamps and other community assistance
- Make calls to AAFB member food banks to update their directory listings.
- Enter information into the donor/contact system.
- Assist with Association mailings. This includes printing letters and stuffing envelopes.
- Support meetings and events.
- Sort and date-stamp incoming mail.
- Light filing.
Work schedule is flexible depending on the needs of the volunteer and AAFB. Minimum
volunteer support needed is: 3 to 4 hours per day; 9:00AM to 12:00PM or 1:00PM to 3:00PM, 3 days per
week Monday through Thursday.
Benefit to Volunteer:
- Assist AAFB and its member food banks in achieving their goal of eliminating hunger in Arizona.
- Strong community involvement: helping individuals and families connect to the food resources
- they need.
- Positive work environment: friendly staff and informal office setting.
- Free, secured covered parking.
- Convenient, professional Central Avenue workplace location, on the light-rail route.
- Regular work schedule.
- Good telephone skills.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good personal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Team player with good inter-personal skills.
- Previous office experience a plus but not required.
if interested but have some doubts regarding your experience, please call for a “noncommitment” phone discussion regarding your experience, skills and desires.